Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Catch up...

I can't believe how fast time seems to be going...the pages on my calendar keep getting turned and I can't seem to stay caught up!

Let's see...the last time I posted anything was the end of September. Much has happened in that time but I'm not sure I know how to put it all into words. I went home to Oregon for Christmas and had a great time with my family. Although I enjoyed every moment of it I was eager and ready to return. San Antonio has become my home. I am still in awe at how faithful God is to go before me and provide for my every need. I'm coming up on a year since I loaded up my little car with all my belongings and made the three day journey to Texas. I still have days where I look around and can't believe it! I have been blessed with an amazing church family and many friends.

I remember being hesitant to take this leap...wondering if it was the right move or if I would miss out on God's plan for me if I left Oregon. Silly thoughts really! I remember the time when I was just waiting for my life to start, meet a guy, get married, start a family...that's what I thought it meant to start my life. Although those things are all strong desires in my heart, I'm embracing this season of life, this season of being single and I'm getting to know my Father in heaven and letting him fulfill those desires. I've created this life for myself, I'm learning more about Jesus and myself and pursuing contentment in Him. I laugh when I think about how people talk about finding their "other half"...I laugh because I know what they're feeling, feeling incomplete, lonely, etc. We do not become whole when we have someone else. We become whole when we are in complete communion with Jesus. We need to strive to be a whole person before we add someone else into the mix. That's my current season in life. I want to be the best version of myself, the most whole in my relationship with Jesus. So that one day, when He decides I'm ready to meet my future husband, I'll bring a whole person. 

I moved into my first apartment about a month ago and it's wonderful. Sometimes I feel a little lonely, but I'm filling my time with talking to Jesus, reading His Word, learning His character. I'm falling in love with Him in a way I never have before. My heart has been broken...ruined, and He's molding and re-shaping it into a heart that yearns for Him. I have a fresh understanding of my sinful nature and His saving grace and mercy. 

God is so gracious, so loving and so faithful. 

I heard this song last week...and it has become the Cry In My Heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment